The Hungarian Academy of Sciences
The Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA) is the oldest and greatest institution of Hungarian science. Its founder was Count István Széchenyi who on 3 November, 1825, during the Pozsony (Bratislava) National Assembly bestowed a year’s income of his estates towards the formation of a learned society. The formation of a Hungarian Academy – a Hungarian Learned Society at the time – was laid down in Law XI. of 1827. The Main Halls of the MTA, as designed by Prussian architect Friedrich August Schüler, were ceremoniously opened on 11 December, 1865.
1051 Budapest, Széchenyi István tér 9.
Hunter Hall of the House of Parliament
The Hungarian House of Parliament is the third largest building in the world used for this purpose. The Parliament’s large imposing dining hall, the Hunting Hall, is situated opposite the main staircase. Aladár Körösfői-Kriesch’s fresco on the southern wall recalls the beautiful verse of the poet János Arany “Next day a cry of beaters resounds in the valley. / On earth or sky the game are imperilled”. Lunch is served in the unusual surroundings of the two king brothers Buda and Attila engaged in the princely pursuit of fighting a bison. In contrast with the chase, a more tranquil sight is offered by a fresco depicting fishing on Lake Balaton on the northern side of the room.
1357 Budapest, Kossuth tér 1-3.
Budapest University of Technology and Economics
The Budapest University of Technology and Economics was founded in 1782 under the name of Institutum Geometrico-Hydrotechnicum, has been the top higher education institution of Hungary and it also has well-established international reputation. The eight faculties of the University of Technology have their individual characteristics but they all aim at outstanding educational results. Past years have proven that degrees from and the knowledge and skills obtained at the University of Technology are a valuable passport to the work market.
1111 Budapest, Műegyetem rkp. 3.
Vigadó is Budapest's second largest concert hall, located on the Eastern bank of the Danube in Budapest, Hungary and was designed by Frigyes Feszl in 1859. It opened in January 1833 with a grand ball and became the venue of the highest culture – the only concert hall in Pest at the time. Both Johann Strauss the Elder and the Younger and Ferenc Erkel performed here several times
1051 Budapest, Vigadó tér 2.